I have had awful days. There are days where the world moves around me, and I feel very excluded. But as soon as I continue with the things that make me happy, the world keeps moving. It is kinda a funny story, for both Craig and I. Someone said just a few words, which must have been so eye opening, that our perspectives completely changed.
In the moment, some things may really hurt, in the words of Craig: It's hard to talk when you want to kill yourself. But sometimes, Craig, talking is what changes our minds and makes us want to live. Kinda a funny story, eh?
Though I understand Craig, I don't understand the way he choose to deal with things. In the book he completely gave up at one point. He decided he didn't want to get out of bed again, and stay in bed all day- like his roommate muqtata. He forgot how to move on, he forgot how to live. That is something I don't often forget. I know there are people out their who don't have the same opportunities as me, and I would never consider giving mine up.
Now for Craig and I, the real issue is to find a way to deal with our problems, and quickly get back on track. In other words, get back to where you belong. Sometimes Craig and I wonder if everyone really belongs somewhere, or with someone. But Craig and I both do. Craig and I belong in our homes, our lives, and the in places surrounded by people we love and love us. "In the long run, it's important to focus on the positives", as craig says: Do what I love, breathe, eat sleep, bike, kiss my mom, hug my little sister etc.
Things always brighten up. Even when you think they never will
The message I stole from this book is: However hard it is in the moment, things always get better.
As most likely assumed, the theme of the book is teen suicide. The main character, Craig, is under pressure from school, home, and overall his whole complicated life. He is taken to a physic ward where he is forced to go face to face with all his problems.
Though Craig and I live very different lives, have very different friends, parents and schools, we share one very important thing. Craig and I are both teenagers, as well as a million other fourteen and fifteen year olds out there.
Though everyone is a teenager at one point, and knows how it feels (Quoting Craig again), "When there is a lot going on in you're mind", life can become a funny story.
You may: end up in a psych ward, where you're surrounded by grown men who draw beavers, and men who are on all of kinds of messy drugs. You may fall in love your best friends girlfriend/boyfriend. You may later realize you actually love a girl who cuts her self, goes to a school called dolphin, and wears shirts which say 'I hate boys' on the front.
Or you may: End up taking care of your little brother, while your parents are on a honey moon in Hawaii. You may end up feeling lonely and temporally moving into your best-friends Mom's house, with your little brother. Your best friend may develop a crush on your brother, and you may have to move back home.
Whatever the case. Weather you're in Craig's situation, no situation, or my situation,
during all the commotion you need to always remember how to live & keep moving.
No comments:
Post a Comment