I choose this theme because "Leaving" is something most people can relate to, whether you are leaving or being left. Loneliness and feeling abandonment are feelings many people will feel at one point in their lives. If that isn't the case, and my readers can relate to other aspects of the poems, for example losing trust. But if my readers had never felt any of those feelings, I hope they try to understand how every inch of these aweful feelings feel.
From friends to family, even love, leaving is important to my personal life. I can most definatly relate to this theme. I'm never exactly sure why, but some people just disapear from our lives. Whether it's a brother, father, grandma, or grandpa, it's always helpful to remind myself that most things in our lives will not be perminant- (Coming home-poem #3).
When writing these poems, I did a little research about how many kids are missing a Dad or a Mom in their lives. And how many kids have parents in the US army. Aswell as how many kids have neither a Dad or mom and how many kids live with a step parent. These statistics are always shocking to me. The numbers are some what flaberghasting.
In poems, I tried hard to express all the dificult emotions I felt when someone in my family left. After I slammed my room door, and flopped down on my bed, I felt more confused than sad- or any other emotion. In the following sequence of poems, the narrator will feel everything from forgiviness, to anger, to sadness. As my readers read the following, i hope they try to put their feet in my narators shoes.
-ShoHANNAH
No comments:
Post a Comment